Concerned about data security, availability and ownership in the Cloud?
If you are asking, then you are a savvy Cloud user. You deserve to have your questions answered to your satisfaction in simple, easy-to-understand terms. Below is a summary from the Office 365 Trust Center. If any item needs clarification, let us know and we will personally get you an answer!
In simple terms, with Office 365, it’s your data. You own it. You control it. And it is yours to take with you if you decide to leave the service.
The core tenets of Microsoft’s approach to earning and maintaining your trust are:
- Service-level security through defense-in-depth
- Customer controls within the service
- Security hardening and operational best practices
Privacy by design
- Your data is not used for advertising
- You have extensive privacy controls
- You can take your data with you when you want
- Proactive processes to meet your compliance needs
- Customer controls for organizational compliance
- Independently verified to meet evolving standards
- You know where your data resides and who has access
- Visibility into availability and changes to the service
- Financially backed guarantee of 99.9% uptime
All of the Cloud solutions we offer at LAN Systems have similar security and privacy policies. If you have specific questions or concerns, please always feel free to ask us.
There are additional encryption tools that further protect you and your data. Tools that encrypt your email, data files and lock your laptop in case it is lost or stolen are available. If you would like to explore encryption for privacy or security, please call or email.